Full and permanent access to “Drawing Secrets Revealed,” a 12-lesson drawing video instruction program with accompanying lesson workbooks.
DSR 2.0 Full Program
Full and permanent access to all 12 video lessons and accompanying workbooks of DSR 2.0, the updated and expanded version of my highly successful “Drawing Secrets Revealed” program.
- LESSON 1 – GETTING STARTED: Get started off right with a full lesson on materials, basic drawing techniques, pencil grips, my Top Drawing Secrets, and more!
- LESSON 2 – BASIC SHAPES: Start exploring common shapes you find in real life and learn how to draft them and shade them with the elements of lighting that take a two-dimensional sketch to a three-dimensional drawing!
- LESSON 3 – THE BLOCK-IN: Learn a number of different techniques for how to build every single drawing with a basic sketch that will ensure your subject fits on the paper, has good proportions, and will be a good foundation for details and shading. This is a FOUNDATIONAL concept for any good drawing!
- LESSON 4 – VALUES: Learn how to shade realistically with a value scale and build on that foundation with a number of techniques to take your drawing from “nice” to “Wow!”
- LESSON 5 – DISTANCES & PROPORTIONS: This lesson is a cornerstone of my entire program because it teaches you how to make sure your composition is proportional. No more “part of my drawing is too small/large for the rest” or “my drawing just looks weird and lopsided”!
- LESSON 6 – GESTURE DRAWING: Discover how to take your drawings from awkward and lifeless to energetic and vibrant by infusing your subject with life. My students have said this is one of the most fun lessons of the entire series because it frees you up to have fun and capture the raw impressions of your subject as a foundation for more detailed, finished work!
- LESSON 7 – DRAWING THE FORM: Learn how to draw a complex subject like the human form by building on the previous lesson and then applying helpful guidelines to show you that human subjects aren’t too hard! Anyone can draw them well!
- LESSON 8 – DRAWING THE FACE: Like Lesson 7, this lesson teaches you how to draw beautiful portraits by applying guidelines for human heads and then learning how to tweak them for individual likenesses – and you’ll get to experiment with color!
- LESSON 9 – PERSPECTIVE: Any solid drawing instruction includes perspective and after the foundation I’ve laid in the previous lessons, you’ll be able to refine your observation skills by evaluating and rendering proper perspective in your drawings. This is an absolute must if you’re interested in architectural subjects and landscapes, but also is important for still life and figurative subjects!
- LESSON 10 – LANDSCAPES: Learn how to render landscapes beautifully by learning how to simplify landscapes to get a great foundation for your own artistic, creative rendering. By the end of this lesson, you’ll be raring to get out side and sketch some beautiful scenes!
- LESSON 11 – SURFACES & TEXTURES: This lesson is a lot of fun because you learn how to render a number of different surfaces and textures that – because they’re built on the foundation laid by the whole series so far – allow you to take a good, solid drawing and give it some texture and flair. Learn how to render things like reflective objects, animal fur, stone, wood, fabric, and more!
- LESSON 12 – ELEMENTS OF COMPOSITION: This is such a terrific and valuable lesson to end the series on because you can have the best technique but if your composition is boring, it all goes to waste. Learn how to distinguish between a staid, boring, uninteresting composition and a compelling, attractive one. By the end of this lesson, you won’t have to depend on others arranging compositions for you to draw – you’ll be able to create compositions that are perfect for your pencil or charcoal!